Abode falls behind itself


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I've currently got two complaints for Adobe, both related to them falling behind themselves in producing useful tools which would directly benefit Adobe. The first (and most aggregious) is the lack of a x64 Flash player. WTF. x64 computers are hardly new anymore, and neither are x64 web browsers anymore. So I've got three computers that all run x64 bit and all run x64 Firefox (Shiretoko) and I can't see any Flash content ever. I used to use the x32 Firefox, but the most updated version crashes too often and the x64 doesn't so that's that. What the hell are they waiting for.

The second complaint has to do Adobe Acrobat. I use it to do presentations and I use a tablet PC. It would be great to be able to draw directly on the screen during the presentation. But they don't allow this easily. Without a hotkey for the pen tool I can't access it while in full screen. There doesn't seem to be a way for me to assign my own hotkey either. And though I can use ctrl+D to cycle through the comment tools and get to the pen, that's hardly convenient and the pen marks don't show up on the screen until you stop marking...you can't see the line as it's being drawn. Lame.

Adobe really needs to fix these obvious missing features. The x64 issue came up 3 years ago, and the lack of pen tool usage in full screen mode has been a problem for 5 or 6 years. What are they waiting for? Just do it already. You're only helping yourselves by resolving these issues as soon as possible.


0 Responses to “Abode falls behind itself”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Aaron Bramson
  • At the University of Michigan


  • This blog is an extension of my normal website (www.bramson.net) where I used to post various articles in my critic's corner section. Using this blog provides easier maintenance, greater functionality, and a wider readership of my thoughts, opinions, and complaints about life and living it.

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3