Product Idea: Transparent Post-It Notes


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Like many people, post-it notes are a ubiquitous element of my life and greatly enhance my productivity. Over the past few years 3M has greatly increased their product lineup to include mega-sized post-its and many other "presentation-sized" pads. They've also gone wild with the color schemes and shapes...so much so that it is often hard to find just plain old little yellow post-its (the only kind I actually use) even in stores like Staples and Office Max. But there is one thing that I would actually buy that they don't make (yet), clear post-it notes.

Think about it, you could write on them with standard AV markers and put them on overheads for last-minute presentation add-ons; stick them on windows and mirrors without totally marring the view; stick them to monitors and TVs for various purposes; and even use them on documents to make removable comments and corrections. I can't believe that they don't make these yet. If anybody out there reading this has pull with 3M, let 'em know that there is a product that they should make which is more important than pastel and flourescent-colored house-shaped post-its with varying levels of stickiness.
_____________________________________________
Thanks to a reader names Bernard for telling me that 3M DOES now make translucent Post-It notes (in yellow, blue, and melon, but not in clear transparent). They've been released in Australia and Canada, but not in the U.S; presumably because some people who work there lack vision or intelligence. Come on guys!!! What are you waiting for?!?!

Their website addresses are too long to print here, but just go to:

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_WW/Search/3M

and search for "5507-SY" for the "sheer yellow" ones.


0 Responses to “Product Idea: Transparent Post-It Notes”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Aaron Bramson
  • At the University of Michigan


  • This blog is an extension of my normal website (www.bramson.net) where I used to post various articles in my critic's corner section. Using this blog provides easier maintenance, greater functionality, and a wider readership of my thoughts, opinions, and complaints about life and living it.

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3